Jelqing…What the Heck is Jelqing?!
A customer recently asked me what I knew about jelqing and I was dumbfounded…this was the first time I had ever heard of such a thing. A quick google search and I found a ton of unbiased articles and blog posts by men who swear up and down that jelqing helps increase your penis size… really! I was skeptical until I did a bit more digging…
Jelqing, for those like me who are new to such a concept,
is a simple exercise that, when done daily, gently increasing the length and width of your manhood. First, make sure you are at “half mast”, or about 50%-70% erect…too much erection, and you can not only hurt the tissue in your penis, but it can actually decrease size. Too little erection, and it won’t do much for you at all. You should be erect enough to feel the blood flowing, but not enough to have sex.
Then, you take your thumb and index finger and make an “ok” sign with your dominant hand. With your non-dominant hand, grip the glans of the penis. Using silicone based lube, place your “ok” sign at the base of the penis, and slide it from pubic bone to the corona of the glans. Use precise, firm, and quick strokes that take about 3 seconds from pubic bone to glans.
If you are uncircumsized,
your exercise requires a bit more set-up! Uncut fellows should make sure they fully retract the foreskin before jelqing… leaving it covered can place excessive force on the base of the penis and cause the dreaded “turkey neck” effect. It can also lead to very painful fluid buildup.
There are a few rules to jelqing you must never forget!
The first of which is: never jelq while fully erect. The second rule: never ejaculate while jelqing! Jelqing can pinch off the urethra, trapping semen and leading to painful fluid buildup. Also, jelqing should never ever be uncomfortable or painful. If you are experiencing pain, something is not right! Maybe try loosening your grip, or performing slower strokes.
So…does it really work?
Seems kind of like a cheap gimmick at first, but I wouldn’t be so quick to denounce the process. There is a large community online of men who swear by jelqing practices and offer plenty of logged proof (as well as photographic proof!) of their personal successes. I’ve come across several blogs and articles online that seem totally unbiased (i.e. aren’t selling products related to penis size growth, if anything at all) and when you really think about it, it seems really very plausible! A lot of the photos do show increases anywhere from one inch and up for length, and 0.75 inches and up in width!
Jelqing won’t work overnight…
it requires very controlled and slow stretching that better permits new tissue growth and existing expansion. No matter what you try, penis enlargement is a sloooooow process. It seems like most men who try it get easily discouraged and give up before seeing any real result. It seems like the general consensus is that a structured schedule works best for maximum results. This 4 week schedule I found online had some rave reviews:
- Week 1: 5 minutes of about 100 strokes
- Week 2: Two sessions, five minutes each, about 100 strokes each
- Week 3: Two sessions, five minutes each, about 150 strokes each
- Week 4: Two sessions, ten minutes each, about 300 strokes each
So what if you want to try jelqing, but want to do, lets say, 150 strokes the first couple of weeks, about 200 the third week, ect? Most men in the jelqing community are in agreement….as long as you never feel discomfort, you can jelq a little bit more if you wish! Jelqing should never, ever be uncomfortable or painful, and if it is, talk to your doctor about other penile exercise options.
Want to give jelqing a try?
Here’s some things we would recommend stocking up on to prepare:
- Silicone based lube is a must. Silicone lasts much longer than water based lube and won’t absorb into your hand. Our favorite silicone lubes include Pjur Original and Uberlube.
- You can also incorporate Max Out By Bathmate, which is a jelqing serum infused with ingrediants that help encourage blood flow and libido. We’ve heard good reviews so far, and bonus: it’ll make your junk smell lovely. You know…in case that’s something you want. We sell Max Out at all four Blue Boutique locations.
- In addition to your daily jelq schedule, you may also want to try out using penis pumps. We always recommend Bath Mate brand water pumps… Bath Mate pumps use the gentle vacuum of water to increase blood flow to the penis and bring it to maximum size. The vacuum created with water is a much more uniform vacuum compared to that of air, so you reduce the risk of tissue damage or curvature. You can get Bath Mate pumps at any Blue location as well.