Who Knew? Bizarre sex facts from around the world
From time to time, customers will come in and tell us some weird facts that we’ve never heard before. Let’s just say, there are definitely some strange ideas and laws out there concerning sex. While some of the things we’ve heard are simply funny or ridiculous, others can actually be quite frightening. Many places have old laws on the books that are rarely enforced, but other countries follow these crazy regulations right down to the letter. We did a little research on some of this wacky stuff and wanted to share it with you. Hope this gives you a good chuckle!
All over the world, including right here in the good ‘ol U.S. of A, the powers that be try and regulate how we copulate. Here are a few prime examples of their meddling ways.
- In Rombach, Virginia it is illegal for people to have sex with the lights on. I’m pretty sure the jail population would skyrocket if they were actually enforcing this one!
- A law in Washington state declares that it is against the law for anyone to have sex with a virgin. Technically, that would even include their spouse on the wedding night. How is anyone ever supposed to get their V card taken???
- In our nation’s capitol, Washington D.C., the only legal sexual position is the missionary position. Leave it to the government to make sex as boring as possible, right?
Even though most of society looks down upon bestiality, there must be a few people out there with some lusty thoughts about animals if someone felt the need to enact the following laws.
- There is a law in the middle east that states “after having sexual relations with a lamb, it is a mortal sin to eat its flesh.” Do you think there is some mother out there who has to tell her kids “sorry guys, we WERE going to have lamb chops, but dad got a little frisky” Eeeewww…
- In Florida it is illegal to have sex with a porcupine. Who would even want to try this one…ouch!!!
It is against the law in Minnesota for a man to have sex with a live fish. Does that mean it’s okay for women?
In some countries, sex and the people you have it with are highly regulated and can come with some pretty stiff consequences. Be glad you don’t live in one of these places!
Masturbation is a big no-no in Indonesia – the penalty for it is decapitation. I guess the Blue Boutique wouldn’t last long there.
A betrayed wife in Hong Kong is legally allowed to kill her husband when he cheats on her, but must do so with only her bare hands. You know what they say about a woman scorned, right?
In Limon, Costa Rica both adulterous parties are in for real trouble – they are both subject to being beaten and then drowned. Doesn’t seem worth that lusty affair, does it?
And of course there are just those laws out there that are completely ridiculous. Makes you wonder if somebody was drunk the day they made up these ones.
Saleswomen in Liverpool, England can be topless while they are selling you things – but only at a fish store. Hmmm, well at least they wouldn’t get their shirts wet reaching into those tanks all day.
In Bozeman, Montana there is a law that bans all sexual activity between members of the opposite sex, in the front yard, after sundown – if they are nude. Does that mean if you’re gay and it’s daytime that it’s game on?
No man is allowed to make love to his wife with the smell of garlic, onions or sardines on his breath in Alexandria, Minnesota. A little crazy, but can’t really say we disagree!
As crazy and backward as most of us think Utah is, this is a good reminder that we’re not the only ones who have some crazy ideas about sex. So enjoy what we’ve got and remember, it could always be worse!